Saturday, November 17, 2012

Movie-Argo





Watched Argo yesterday. It was definitely a thriller and I was kept on the edge of my seat most of the time. I wanted the operation to succeed so bad but at the same time there was this little voice that told me not all secret rescue missions end up successful.

I'm glad that the one portrayed in argo did though. 

The film set me thinking a bit about life as well. (as do all other movies, since my brain likes to think so much about everything that it drives me crazy) The uprising and riots brought to my mind about the recent Arab springs. It seemed like although we've progressed through time, and decades have passed, some things in life still keep recurring. 

things like war, conflict. What really is the price of peace? Is peace even achievable in the first place? 


On the other hand, I'm awed by how people can still stand by their beliefs (like the house maid) despite going against the majority. To do that requires a lot of faith and courage. And of course, the main lead in the movie, Tony. Kudos to all those putting their lives on the line for others, and possibly receiving not much recognition for their heroic deeds too. He's risking his life not for his family (which most people will do I guess) but for strangers that he do not know who were kept as hostages in a foreign land. To do a rescue mission like that really requires commitment, faith and the believe in something bigger in yourself and that other people's lives do matter. 


//
on a random site note, I'll get started on the Life of Pi. The trailer's wonderful and the scenes are really pretty. I can't wait for the movie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages