Saturday, November 24, 2012

spiritual law- the law of perfection



The Law of Perfection: From a transcendental perspective, everyone and everything is unconditionally perfect; from a conventional viewpoint, perfection doesn't exist-excellence is the best we can achieve, and achieving it takes time and practice. 

My perfectionist streak is something that I always struggle with. I want everything in my life to be perfect but alas that's not possible and when the reality differs so much from my ideals, I get very upset and disappointed. The problem is that total perfectionism doesn't exist, I was striving for the impossible and thus setting myself up for endless disappointments.

I knew it, yet I couldn't break out of this. It was so bad that it crippled my life, I was procrastinating, avoiding because I just didn't want to face the truth.

The truth always slaps you in the face at the time when you most needed it.  And yeah, that tight slap really woke me up.

It was a wake up call, my depression. I think and still believes that everything happens for a reason, we just don't know it now. Perhaps in the future we will look back and understand the significance of certain life events but right now, all that we can do is to just press on.

I'm working hard on pressing on.

"Self improvement comes from a place of prior acceptance rather than a condition of self-worth."

I realised I've been pursuing many superficial things in life-status, recognition etc. Ultimately, we can only receive so much from others. What we really need is total acceptance of ourselves, to love and accept everything that we are and that we aren't.

I'm still learning. I'm positive I'll slowly come to appreciate the perfection of impefection.

self reflection #1 from reading the book the live you were born to live by Dan Millman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages