Saturday, November 24, 2012

movie- wreck it Ralph

Theatrical release poster depicting the protagonist, Ralph, along with various video game characters





I LOVE IT. I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH I HAVE TO USE CAPITALS TO EXPRESS MY LOVE FOR IT.

Yes, it's official. This is one of my favourite cartoon movies EVER. I knew I have to watch it just from the trailer. It's plain awesome. So much takeaways and learning can be done from this funny and enjoyable movie!

I'll start with the characters. I love all the characters!! Even the 'bad guys'!! Yes, people are not what they seem to be. Never judge a book by its cover! Ralph's the 'bad guy' in his game- fix it felix (felix's the good guy that saves whatever Ralph wrecks and he gets hilariously thrown off the building at the end of every game) and he's sick of his label as the bad guy.

So he decides to redeem himself; by getting a hero medal and being a good guy for once.

And so he embarks on his journey by game skipping, eventually meeting another outcast in her game Venelope who's unable to race in her game as she's a glitch.

I've enjoyed their scenes together a lot-Ralph and Venelope. Somehow, they complement each other and they find solace in each other too. It's really sweet.

And of course, the other unexpected pairing -'Dynamite Gal' and Felix. I laughed so much whenever they're shown together, they're so incompatible that after a while you don't find them incompatible but you find them cute in a weird kind of way.

And of course Turbo, how do I put it, he's in every single one of us. How envy could really drive us to make bad decisions and inflict pain on others but eventually we will be the one who suffers. A good learning point.

Let me end with this, my favourite quote from the movie. It's the 'bad guy' mission or something like that.

"I am bad; and that's good. I'm not good; but that's not bad." 

There's no absolutes, (no one's totally bad/good) and that's fine. Not everything's black and white. Cheers for the gray area!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages