Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Song- I can just be me (laura story)

Was feeling quite bleah as usual today.  Contemplating and just feeling very awful and disappointed with myself.

It's just this vicious cycle I'm so jammed in.

So I tried to listen to some worship songs and they did make me feel a bit better.  I guess the reason why I'm still worrying so much and feeling so overwhelmed is cos I'm still holding on so much; not really releasing control and committing everything to God.

The song 'I can just be me' by Laura story hits so close to home. It really illustrates the kind of feeling that I have and perhaps have been trying to achieve.  The ability to just be myself and accept the me that God made and moulded and not envying others.

The lyrics:
I’ve been doing all that I can
To hold it all together
PIece by pieceI’ve been feeling like a failure
Trying to be braver
Than I could ever beIt’s just not me

So be my healer
Be my comfort
Be my peace
‘Cause I can be brokenI can be needy
Lord, I need You now to be my God
So I can just be me

I’ve been living like an orphan
Trying to belong here
But it’s just not my home
I’ve been holding on so tightly
To all the things that I think
That satisfy my soul
But I’m letting go

So be my Father
My mighty Warrior
Be my King
‘Cause I can be scattered, frail, and shattered
Lord, I need You now to be my God
So I can just be me
‘Cause I was lost in this dark world
Until I was finally found in you
So now I’m needing, desperately pleading

Oh Lord, be all to me
Be my Savior
Be my lifeline
Won’t you be my everything
‘Cause I’m so tired of trying to be someone I was never meant to be
Be my God
Please be my God
Be my God
So I can just be me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages