Friday, October 25, 2013

Movie- monster university

Love this movie! I like how it has a very inspirational tone-a prequel to the well known Monsters inc.


It goes back to the university days of the 2 protagonist sulley and mike. How they came to know each other, the growth of their friendship through challenges in school and ultimately to working as a team upon dropping out of college.


The dropping out of college part struck me quite a lot. Well they were sort of kicked out but that isn't the main point.  It made me wonder about the value of a college education. Is it overrated? Are people just going to college because they need the training for the real working world or is it simply cos 'that's the tried and tested route'?


I admire mike's determination to make it as a scarer although he was physically disadvantaged for the job. He never gave up. True, he had to make a little detour( working as a mail boy) but ultimately he achieved his dream (and we have monsters inc).
I guessed it made me ashamed in a sense that I'm not treasuring my college education.  I'm in school and mostly it's cos I don't know what else to do. Or maybe it's just cos I want others' approval in a sense of being a university graduate. I don't know. I'm spending money in school and making myself miserable in the process. I'm not chasing any dreams. I don't even know if I have any dreams. Or perhaps I'm too fearful to even dream.

And that scares me a lot. I'm still young but I don't behave like I'm young. I feel jaded.



On a side note I bought the monster's university instax film. Will use it soon! Love taking polaroids and the lovely films that come out instantly.  Maybe I can start out by making and keeping memories.
One small step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages