Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Movie- upside down




Watched this on my flight to Hong Kong. The movie was slow-paced and I kind of considered giving it up halfway but then I'd have nothing else to do on my flight and I wasn't sleepy so I pushed on and completed the movie. I'd say I was very happy when it ended, not because of the ending (duh, I kind of expected that they'd be together in the end anyway despite how impossible it seemed at the beginning) and because it finally ended and meant I had passed two hours of flight time. 

The story's about a guy from the down below falling in love with a girl from up top from their chance encounters from young. I know it seemed quite weird, but I kept thinking throughout the film if the people there get neck stains from having to crane their necks all the time while talking to people from the other world with a different gravity. Haha. 

And the name of the main characters- Adam and Eden. I don't know if there were any biblical references (as far as I understand, I don't really see it?) There were no references to God and the two of them didn't sin (they were just kids who fell in love with someone who they shouldn't and they live in different worlds). I felt that a Romeo and Juliet reference was more prominent. But then again, it wasn't really a tragedy and while they fell in love with someone they shouldn't, there wasn't really family conflicts involved. 

Okay, then I'll just settle for a cheesy love line of people falling in love with someone they shouldn't, yet they will overcome the obstacles in their love life and achieve happily ever after. A super succinct take of mine about the movie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages